Think mixing drinks is difficult? This may change your mind.
Mocktails are an excellent choice for a drink at any party! These non-alcoholic beverages are suitable for all ages and are commonly made from a mix of fresh fruit juices, favoured syrups, cream, herbs and spices.
Perfecting your own unique mocktail is an art, and Volkswagen owners and their loved ones had the chance to shake up a (very tasty) storm at the Volkswagen Mocktail workshop conducted by trainer Chik Jun Xiong of Drinkdings. Held on 24 August at the Alexandra showroom, guests learnt more about the art of bartending and even enjoyed a hands-on experience in making locally-inspired mocktails.
These included Midnight Hullo, an indulgent chocolatey drink with Milo (shaken not stirred, of course) and Lychee Mojito, a refreshingly sweet take on a minty classic. “The most fun part was drinking the mocktails that my parents made and watching them enjoy their time together,” said participant Alicia Lye. Similarly, Golf owner Jesson Lim had this to say: “Keep up the good work. Sessions like these are always great to attend!”
Shake up a Virgin Mai Tai.
- Add 60 ml pineapple juice into mixing glass.
- Add 30 ml orange juice.
- Add 10 ml lime juice.
- Fill Boston shaker with ice.
- Cap the shaker then shake it up!
- Strain into highball glass and add ice.
- Garnish with pineapple slice and cherry fruit.
Make your own Shirley Temple.
- Add 10 ml grenadine syrup into highball glass.
- Fill highball glass with ice.
- Add 20 ml lime juice.
- Top up with ginger ale/Sprite.
- Add 30 ml of lychee juice.
- Garnish with cherry.
Also, here are some DO’s and DON’Ts to help you if this when it comes to mixing up your own mocktails:
- Maintain personal hygiene (ensure fingernails are trimmed neatly)
- Pour and hold the bottle by the neck, instead of the widest part of the bottle.
- Be careful with measurements for mixing.
- Scoop ice with the glass.
- Shake the mocktails incorrectly. (e.g. Up and down in front of your chest, or with only one hand)
- Handle glassware by the rim.
- Use the wrong ingredients or type of glass.
We hope you’ll have fun impressing guests at your next party with these enticing mocktails! Join in the fun at future Volkswagen events here!